The three former military commanders who are facing theft charges today denied stealing K1.5 billion meant for operations of the security wings prior to and after last year’s general election.
Former Zambia Air Force commander Lieutenant General Andrew Sakala, former Zambia National Service commandant Major General Anthony Yeta and former Zambia Army commander Lt General Wisdom Lopa are jointly charged for the offence of theft by public servant.
The three were charged and arrested last month at Woodlands Police Station and were granted K50 million bond each with working sureties.
Taking plea when they appeared before Lusaka magistrates Muma, the three said they understood the charge read to them but pleaded not guilty.
Magistrate Muma said trial would continue on May 28.
Exclusive to Zambia Reports