It’s the first highest position for an individual from Western Province. Wina was wife of deceased MMD chairman Arthur Wina. She also becomes the first female Vice-President in the history of Zambia.
“Inonge Wina is a solid person; stood up for the party when we faced possibility of disintegration and going into oblivion,” Lungu said.
President Lungu also cautioned appointees to State House saying they must ensure the president’s wish to be available to the people is fulfilled.
“Your job is not to isolate or insulate the President. My stay at State House is short and I won’t hesitate to fire you,” he warned.
President Lungu said the rest of the Cabinet will be announced when he returns from an African Union engagement.
Below is the partial Cabinet Appointed by Edgar Lungu
Partial Cabinet announced on Monday, January 26:
1. President – Edgar Lungu
2. Vice President – Inonge Wina, MP
3. Minister of Justice – Ngosa Simbiakula MP
4. Minister of Finance – Alexander Chikwanda MP
5. Minister of Home Affairs – Davies Mwila, MP
6. Minister of Health – Joseph Kasonde, MP
7. Minister of Foreign Affairs – Harry Kalaba, MP
8. Minister of Tourism and Arts – Jean Kapata, MP
1. Dawson Kafwaya – North Western Province Minister
2. Nathaniel Mubukwanu – Southern Province Minister
State House Appointments
1. Permanent Secretary – Emmanuel Chilubanama
2. Amos Chanda – Press and Public Relations
3. Kaizer Zulu – Political Affairs