Patriotic Front Deputy Spokesperson Antonio Mwanza has maintained his critical stance on the January 18 dialogue process urging the church and the Zambia Centre for Inter-Party Dialogue (ZCID) to put their house in order before convening the dialogue.
Mwanza reckons with the ZCID and the Church Mother Bodies quarrelling over ground rules for the dialogue process it could make the process messier.
THE BISHOPS AND ZCID MUST DIALOGUE AND PUT THEIR HOUSE IN ORDER FIRST BEFORE THEY PROCEED WITH THE 18TH JANUARY DIALOGUE MEETING
In the Gospel of Mark 3:25, Jesus states, “And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.”
We are concerned that the three Bishops representing the Church and The Zambia Centre for Interparty Dialogue are fighting over a number of issues that include:
- a) What must be the Agenda
- b) Who must attend the Dialogue meeting
- c) Who should be in – charge of the MONEY for facilitation
- d) Who should run the Secretariat.
In offering SOLUTIONS on the way forward it is important to give a brief account of this dialogue.
- In June last year, all political parties met in Siavonga and AGREED on the AGENDA of the much talked about NATIONAL DIALOGUE.
- The parties that met and agreed included PF, UPND, FDD, MMD and political parties outside Parliament.
- The AGREED upon AGENDA was or is as follows:
- a) Constitutional reforms
b ) Judicial reforms
c ) Electoral reforms and
- d) The Public Order Act
- The Church Mother Bodies (CMB) were brought in to CHAIR the process and NOT to make an AGENDA because that was already AGREED upon by the Political Stakeholders. The Bishops as Chair have a clear mandate of chairing and NOT make the AGENDA of the meeting because that was already AGREED upon.
- The Parties AGREED that ZCID will facilitate the process as Secretariat while the Bishops would Chair.
- The Parties AGREED on who was to attend the meeting.
Our concern is that if the Bishops and ZCID can’t agree between themselves how can they successfully LEAD over hundred stakeholders?
Let the Three Bishops and ZCID dialogue between themselves and put their house in order before asking us to meet them on the 18th or else this VERY IMPORTANT meeting/process will degenerate into a mere academic exercise, a circus even.