Economy

Civil Servants in 4% Pay Rise

Government has given civil servants a four per cent hike on salaries, transport and rural hardship allowances.

“We have 237, 000 plus civil servants in Zambia. 52% of the national budget goes to civil servants emoluments leaving 48% for production and other things,” PF deputy media director Antonio Mwanza stated.

Considering the high expenditure on civil servants’ salaries, Mwanza said it was only prudent that the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) is applied across the board to ensure effective and efficient service delivery in the civil service.

18 Comments

  1. P.M

    Hard to believe that this Mwanza was at one time able to think and analyze things. Is this what pf does to people? Give them money in exchange of ability to think. Just read the trash above. 237 000 civil servants eating 52% of national budget !!!!!!

    • Mapesho

      So PM are you denying the fact that 52% of national budget goes to civil servants? I not getting your argument.

  2. Razor

    Kwacha depreciates by almost 50% from K9 to K14 within a space of six months and you give civil servants 4%.

  3. THE REGULATOR

    This is the same as the Christian issue at hand.If you the reasoning for not giving more than 4% is as explained, then there is no need to bring back the position of Deputy Ministers who will require even more than 4% *237000.

    • Observer

      Yes indeed,if civil servants take up 52% of the budget, what % is taken up by cabinet and other government officials? Further more, what % is going to be taken up by the reintroduction of deputy ministers?

    • Bingo

      Point Mr observer

  4. SHUMS shumba

    They have tried,4%better than nothing,but the challenge still goes to those at the tail of salaries,e.g if basic salary is 4000 it translate into almost 160,

    • patience mwika

      Useless increement,let us wait for 2021,you will be out of leadership ba boss,you increase your salaries and introduce deputy miniters’ position.

  5. WANGLING

    WHOSE SUPPOSE TO TALK ON THE SALARY INCREMENT?IS IT NOT MWANAKATWE?BUT,WHY MWANZA A?AND WHAN YOU ARE EVEN FAILING TO PAY THERE SALARIES AND U PUT AN INCREMENT WHAT SENSE IS THERE? THE COUNTRY HAS ALOT OF DEBTS.

  6. Christopher CJ Mutambo

    Good Analysis. .
    People should thankfull, The Economy is in bad shape Globally but still the government has managed to hike civil Servants Salaries.
    Imagine 50% of the national budget plus on Salaries.

    • 1ferd

      Does it just happen @boom the economy is in bad state or there are factors that must be controlled to maintain it.and if so don’t we have leaders who we entrust with knowledge to run the same economy?who is to blame for this?you are busy creating deputy ministers positions where do you think they will be drawing their salaries from?woke up man

  7. THE REGULATOR

    To the Civil Servants it’s nothing but to the Government it’s huge.Just taking the minimum given above, it will be 160*237000 = 37,920,000.To me, it’s not an increament which is needed but PRICE CONTROL.Pantu mwalamona efyo balalunda imitengo there by usurping even ako kene ka increament.My humble advice is that iseni tuipose mu entrepreneurship not depending on Salaries and increaments, otherwise……

  8. mwika patience

    When you are not a civil servant it is better you you shűt your mouth up,the only caring president was Micheal Chilufya
    Sata ,he was the leade who cared most on civil servants,these others are just after votes.what is K164.00 increeement after seven solid years.Amen.

  9. Edson

    About time mwandi

  10. MR ZED

    now if 50% its for civil servants now what is the % for deput ministers and him who increased

  11. 1ferd

    @better than nothing,such thinking is unprogressive. On top of their hefty salaries and allowances they steal from your already thin income and stash those monies in their homes and they come back with their maths on you,and bow before them for giving you that percent.you are a retard my dear.

  12. Kebby Sinombe

    When is this salary increment?

Comments are closed.