Headlines

I’M VERY STRONG, COURAGEOUS AND READY TO GO BEYOND 2021 – LUNGU

Lusaka ~ Fri, 8 Jan 2021

By Brightwell Chabusha

President Edgar Lungu has told Chililabombwe residents that he is ready to go beyond 2021.

Speaking after touring Konkola Copper Mines in Chililabombwe yesterday, President Lungu said he is very strong and courageous to continue developing Zambia beyond 2021.

“Somebody came from London, a Zambian who has been gone for seven years, and when he arrived, he came and told me that if we work together, things can change. I have seen the state of the roads, we will rehabilitate them. You should know that we cannot do everything at once. There is a saying by the Chinese people that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Let us work together ad change this country. I am very strong, very courageous and ready to go beyond 2021,” President Lungu said.

He said he is happy that KCM is now running efficiently at the hands of the provisional liquidator.

“I am very proud of how the mine has been run efficiently; it is an indication that we are able, we have the skills required to run such an operation. I was talking to management a while ago and I assured them that this is the way to go show them that we can run the mine effectively and efficiently. Yes, the employees, contractors from KCM and everybody has demonstrated their commitment to bringing back the mining sector to life and I think this is the way it should be. And then you say Zambians can’t run the mine, we will run the mine? That is why I am delighted that those that want to invest in the mine can come when we are done with the liquidation process so that we 100 percent assert our sovereignty to the mining industry ,” President Lungu said.

“What is important is that we are not going back. Vedanta has left, even if they go to court in South Africa and God, they are not coming back. And I don’t speak anyhow, even if things get tough, I will also be found there. Some people say I come from Chawama, yes in Chawama that is where intelligent people come from. Don’t doubt me because I believed in you. And if I believed in you, we cant fail.”

1. loja

Pf is the most corrupt gvt ever, does not deserve another term

2. AM UPND SUPOTER

PF DESERVE A TERM

3. Gibby

Pf is unstoppable.they are very strong on the ground unlike upnd who
    are popular on Facebook that’s why they lose even in their strongholds.

4. Moses

Andrew Banda said HH was popular but the question is were is the wind of change on the streets of zambia.I don’t see it. How do you lose in your own strong hold and you think you can beat ECL .

• Abapondo

Whͪyꙷ aⷶrͬeͤ yꙷoⷪuͧ Peͤoⷪpᷮlᷝeͤ sᷤoⷪ iͥgᷚnᷡoⷪrͬaⷶnᷡtͭ? Things are increasingly difficult in our country and 🇹 🇭 🇪 🇾 don’t even dare talk about it. How CAN K100 the highest Bill note fail TO buy a bag of mealie meal? It doesn’t make sense. P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ b̶e̶ s̶o̶ d̶u̶m̶b̶ t̶h̶e̶ m̶a̶n̶ h̶a̶s̶ n̶o̶ v̶i̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ a̶t̶ a̶l̶l̶,̶ h̶e̶’̶s̶ n̶o̶ l̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶

• Abapondo

5. Ndasika Muzika

Well

6. Stones

Of course the energy to run a kilometre is in you but not the energy to rule the people of Zambia…

7. MWEEMBA HAGGAI

TWALUMBA ECL. I WON’T DEFECT FRM UPND TO PF BUT AS LONG AS U CONTINUE LIKE THIS, U HVE MY VOTE REGARDLESS OF MY TRIBE.

• Diaspora

It is idiots like you who don’t understand where the economy of Zambia is now under PF. National reserves depleted, foreign debt at the highest USD 27 billion, substandard roads at 10 times the cost, Honeybees contract fraud, Forest 27, meakie meal noe at more that K150/25kg bag, charcoal at K250/ bag,….if you cannot see this disaster then yes do the stupid thing and misuse your vote till you start buying bread at K100 per loaf!

8. Tikambepo

Your strength and courage to order the killings by police you’re foolish.

9. Mangani shadreck Banda

It’s enough for you no more another term for you again coz you are uncaring president we ever had in Zambia and you are using dictator to rule this country. A country where now there is no freedom of speech Just because of you.

10. Frank talk

No wind of change 6 months to go. HH is very dull he is not on the ground. He is not singing the song Zambians are singing. ECL is singing the song Zambians are singing. HH is blocked because of public order act. HH wanted public order act to continue. This thing was addressed in bill 10 but you refused it

11. Tikambepo

@Frank talk my bro are you a Zambian or just a foreigner based in Zambia? Bill 10 is not what Zambians wanted but conducive economical benefits,affordable necessities,good leadership and United Zambia………And now your president Lungu is rejected on the copperbelt where do you think he is going to get the votes to a president beyond 2021?….Don’t be a parasite on a dying host……….never say I was never told……

12. Abapondo

strong, courage, whatever, are you eligible? Is the question.